Administrative Assistant – MALURI
The Administrative Assistant is responsible to manage the office of the Head of Section, and to provide secretarial support to the Deputies needs in their section.
KEY RESULTS AREAS/ RESPONSIBILITIES
Main role is to support the academic team in the Primary school
- To attend to all visitors to the Primary Office
- Students who are late – changes put into iSAMS
- Students who are leaving early – permission slips issued
- Parents with enquiries – direct to relevant members of staff
- Arrange appointments for parents with teachers
- To answer telephone calls to the office in an appropriate manner and to pass calls to the relevant members of staff.
- To respond to public / internal inquires and complaints in a courteous manner and to help resolve complaints in an efficient and timely manner by referring to the appropriate person.
- To be responsible for recording all incoming mail and distributing them to relevant people
- To ensure that daily incoming and outgoing memos, internal/external correspondence and documents to/from Head of Section are properly managed distributed, documented and filed, where applicable
- To maintain a schedule of daily appointment or meetings for Head of Section/Assistant Heads
- To assist the Head of Section and Assistant Heads in typing and compilation of reports, letters and other documents as requested
- To coordinate the dissemination of information to parents, staff and students.
- To ensure and maintain high confidentiality of the office documents
- Use Google Drive to prepare, edit and share / print documents
- Section office area
- To manage the use of the section’s meeting room and book other spaces for primary events
- To handle distribution of stationery to all members of the section.
- To manage and maintain a proper stationery stock inventory control – in conjunction with the admin assistant for the other sections
- iSAMS – This is the school data management system
- To assist staff with iSAMS to access student details, generate management, statistics and attendance reports
- To assist the production of leaving reports for students
- To assist the production of Academic reports at the end of each term
- To manage the addition of late students to the attendance module.
To complete any other duties necessary to aid the smooth running of the Primary Office.
MINIMUM ACADEMIC/PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
- SPM leavers / Possess a Private Secretary’s Certificate / Diploma in Secretarial Science or similar relevant qualifications.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years relevant working experience as a Secretary or Personal Assistant to senior management positions, preferably in the education industry.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Able to multitask and work under pressure
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Computer literate in MS Office and Google Docs
- People oriented with warm and cheerful personality
- Positive attitude, hardworking, trustworthy, mature and able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- A good team player
APPLY AT :- TAYLOR