Compliance & Risk Officer (Sunway Money) – SELANGOR
A member of Sunway Berhad:
Sunway Money is a 100% owned subsidiary of Sunway Berhad, which is one of the largest conglomerate listed on Bursa Malaysia. We are Malaysia’s first completely online & licensed remittance house wholly owned by a Malaysian public listed company. Sunway Money’s remittance services enable you to send money overseas at one of the cheapest service fee in town and is fully licensed by Bank Negara Malaysia.
For more info: https://sunwaymoney.com/
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to assist the Head of Department for the Company’s Compliance functions, including Governance and Training (such as compliance policy, compliance assessment, training and certification) and Ongoing Due Diligence (such as surveillance monitoring, transaction monitoring, suspicious transaction report review/submission and customer onboarding review).
- Responsible to assist the Head of Department for the Company’s Risk Management functions.
- Assist to establish, implement and continuously improve frameworks, policies, procedures, processes and controls, etc. to ensure compliance by the Company with all laws, regulations and guidelines, including anti-money laundering (AML) and counter financing of terrorism (CFT) rules and regulations.
- Conduct watchlist screening, customer due diligence, enhanced due diligence, periodic reviews, transaction activity checks and other reviews/investigations in accordance with AML/CFT requirements. Analyse false positive matches and make recommendations to enhance the AML/CFT monitoring.
- Assist the Head of Department and work closely with the Company’s business, legal and audit functions to monitor and test the adequacy of the Company’s compliance and risk management efforts. Recommend preventive and corrective measures, and escalate any issues where non-compliance is not addressed.
- Assist to review and provide advice and recommendations on new products/services and processes.
- Prepare and co-ordinate timely submission of all reports, ensure proper documentation of reviews.
- Keep abreast on compliance and risk management issues and relevant industry trends
- Any other duties as and when assigned from time to time.
- Candidate must possess Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferably in law, management, banking, finance or accounting. Professional accreditation or certification in AML/CFT will be an added advantage.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Working experience in an AML/CFT, compliance, risk or audit will be an added advantage.
- An understanding of the regulatory requirements and interpretation of rules & guidance issued by Bank Negara Malaysia and the relevant authorities.
- Aptitude for accuracy and attention to details; Strong investigative, reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
*Our recruitment team will reach out to shortlisted candidates only.
APPLY AT :- SUNWAY