Associate Supervisor | Financial Conglomerates Supervision Department – KUALA LUMPUR
- A competitive basic salary to commensurate with skills
- A challenging and rewarding career
- Dental, Education support, Medical, Loans, Sports (e.g. Gym)
POSITION: Associate Supervisor / Supervisor, Financial Conglomerates Supervision Department
Assist Senior Supervisor to:
- Plan, organise and execute supervision of assigned banking institution (BI) (including the new established digital banks (DBs) and/ or financial groups on a consolidated basis to ensure the BIs operate in a safe and sound manner, with no unanticipated amber BIs. This entails monitoring and identification of material risks as well as assessment on BI’s business model and risk profile vis-a-vis its risk management practices, IT capabilities and controls as well as its governance practices and culture.
- Administer legal and regulatory requirements through the timely processing of applications, and consistent enforcement of laws and regulations (e.g. Financial Services Act 2013 (FSA2013), Islamic Financial Services Act 2013 (IFSA2013) as well as policies and standards issued by Bank Negara Malaysia.
- Perform continuous surveillance of assigned institution in accordance with approved supervisory processes/framework:
– Analyse and assess the financial condition, performance, risk profile, and risk management control functions as well as governance and culture of BIs/financial group, having regard to specific risk profile or business model of the BIs. The assessment shall cover credit, liquidity, market and operational risks as well as oversight functions, including in relation to IT application systems and security controls that are supporting key significant activities.
– Assess BIs’ compliance with legal and regulatory requirements as well as any additional requirements specified by the Bank, and institute remedial actions for breaches/ non-compliances.
– Pre-emptively identify gaps during DBs’ foundational period to ensure the sustainability of its operations while ensuring the DBs achieve consistent and steady progress in complying with regulatory requirements applicable to existing licensed BIs.
– Escalate/communicate supervisory concerns and provide recommendations on supervisory/ intervention/ resolution measures to be imposed on BIs.
- Perform operational readiness review of assigned DBs within the period specified in the licensing approval.
- Understand emerging issues and risks facing BIs and overall financial stability. Able to identify, assess and propose appropriate solution with regard to intra/inter group, inter-linkages/inter-connectedness and implications on BIs/financial group.
- Assess applications from BIs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and provide appropriate recommendations to Management in a timely manner, in accordance with internal SOP and approving authorities of the Bank.
- Maintain strong collaboration internally and externally to exchange views, provide inputs, identify new developments and best practices to enhance the supervisory methodology and processes.
- Undertake administrative functions and other ad-hoc assignments.
- Self development to meet corporate and personal goals.
- Maintain professional working relationship with home/ host supervisors and other domestic regulators (SC, Bursa Malaysia, PIDM, Labuan FSA).
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTOR:
- Possess good understanding and knowledge of:
– Supervisory Risk-Based Framework (SuRF);
– Banking business/ operations and latest industry developments;
– Relevant legal and regulatory requirements;
– Risk management principles;
– Emerging risks, such as but not limited to, emanating from financial innovation, fast-changing fraud modus operandi, digitalisation and climate change; and
– Emerging technologies and basic IT/ cyber risk controls
- Accurate assessment of BIs‘ areas of vulnerabilities
- Timely identification of potential vulnerabilities and emerging risks in BI/financial group
- Adequate supervisory and operational infrastructure, and effective implementation of Supervisory Risk Framework
- Clear line of reporting and escalation of pertinent information and issues to senior management to ensure well-informed decision making
- Good working relationship with BIs, other regulators as well as other relevant departments in the Bank and external stakeholders
- Adequate supervisory resources including competent team members, and effective support from immediate supervisors/Deputy Directors
- Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and communicate/escalate concerns clearly and effectively
- Candidate must obtain 5 credits in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) for subjects including Bahasa Melayu, English and Mathematics.
- Candidate must possess at least a Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Banking, Finance, Risk Management or Information Technology with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 and above or Second Class Upper.
- At least 2 years of working experience in supervision, financial sector auditing (including IT audit) or risk management.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED
APPLY AT :- https://www.jobstreet.com.my/en/job/associate-supervisor-%7C-financial-conglomerates-supervision-department-5560380?jobId=jobstreet-my-job-5560380§ionRank=3&token=0~3f5b62e9-10ae-459b-8486-839ccfbf0876&searchPath=%2Fjobs&fr=SRP%20View%20In%20New%20Tab