System Administrator – PETALING JAYA
- Medical (Panel Clinic) and Group Insurance
- Annual Salary Review
- Flexible Working Hours
The System Administrator’s responsibilities is to maintain & develop infrastructure for animation artists including a variety of areas such as storage network, physical network, desktop build, support and software management on Linux platform.
This is an ideal opportunity for a System Administrator to develop their skills and knowledge in a vibrant environment and to have a career developing and administering systems in an award-winning international animation studio.
- Familiarity with networking and distributed computing, including network file systems and configuring switches preferably Cisco.
- Fluency with management of DNS, NFS, configuration management and SSH/SSL
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
- Creating volumes, assigning to servers and remote replication
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching
- Installing, configuring and maintain servers and networks
- Overseeing system performance and troubleshooting issues
- Creating a backup and safeguarding the data if there are any hindrances
- Performing system upgrades following new releases
- Please mention I love Linux somewhere in your resume
- Performing account setup
- Sustaining network integrity, server deployment, and security
- Monitoring and maintaining network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways and intrusion detection systems
- Ensuring high-level security and efficiency resulting in 100% output
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
- Providing technical support when requested.
- Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent
- Preferably Middle to Senior Executives specializing in IT/Computer – Network/System/Database Admin or equivalent (e.g: IT Support, System Administrator etc)
- [IMPORTANT] 2+ years of experience in systems roles and very familiar with Linux
- [IMPORTANT] Working experience in configuring, managing and troubleshooting network devices; modems, routers, firewalls, switches, preferably Cisco
- [IMPORTANT] Experience in administering Linux systems (desktop and server) and comfortable with command line
- [IMPORTANT] Experience with data storages (understanding of RAID, ZFS etc)
- [IMPORTANT] Experience with administrative scripting languages (Bash [priority], Python, Perl, etc)
- Experience in software license management
- [IMPORTANT] Keen interest in Linux and FOSS (not only using them solely because required in job’s tasks)
- Strong skills in problem solving
- Able to create own tasks and complete given tasks with minimal supervision
- Love to automated repetitive tasks
- Having a home lab(s) is a big plus. Do mention it in your resume
- Having your own GIt repo is a big plus. Do mention the repo it in your resume
- Experience in color management is a plus
- Interest in field of 3D animation is a plus
- Required language(s) : English
APPLY AT :- https://www.jobstreet.com.my/en/job/system-administrator-5561041?jobId=jobstreet-my-job-5561041§ionRank=1&token=0~a22aa5f1-1bb6-4b63-85ea-1e1b33a601c4&searchPath=%2FAnima-Vitae-Point-Sdn-Bhd-jobs&fr=SRP%20View%20In%20New%20Tab