Settlements Officer – KUALA LUMPUR
- Flat structure, practice transparency
- Strategic office location, next to Putra line LRT & KTM station
- Award-winning online share trading organization
- Responsible for settlements functions including compliance with ASX and CHESS Business Rules. This includes ensuring that daily settlement obligations are met, compliance with time limits set down in the Business Rules for items such as conversions, transfers, stocks in Settlement and Accumulation HIN etc.
- Ensuring clients trades are transacted correctly and on time and that all stocks are registered on time
- Ensuring that all corporate actions are processed correctly and on a timely basis. Also ensuring that clients are protected for corporate actions
- Maintenance of accurate client portfolio records and ensuring that they are reconciled to CHESS holding records
- Liaising with other Brokers and their settlements departments
- Liaising with CHESS
- Assist with processing of funds withdrawals via funds transfer where Process payment batches of share sales proceeds to clients
- Process collection batches of funds from clients to settle trades
- Ensuring Compliance with ASX Business Rules, CHESS and Corporations Act
Required knowledge and skills:
- Accounting – knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Computer skills – knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office suite of programs, in particular a strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Working in a team environment – ability to interact, communicate and work cohesively with team members, supervisors and other members of the organization.
- Problem solving – ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, and to arrive at conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time management and work under pressure – to prioritize and manage one’s own time in accordance with workload and urgency of enquiries.
- Reconciliation – strong skills in ensuring the proper checks and balances are in place.
- Attention to detail – ensuring a high level of accuracy and correctness in all work output and correspondences.
- Working unsupervised – ability to work well without constant direct supervision, exercising judgment when assistance is required.
- Must have excellent communication skills in English.
- Must have an eye for details.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous working experience in a similar environment and capacity. Banking/Financial services industry with strong preference for stockbroking operations experience.
- Preferably a degree in Business, Commerce or a related field.
Working hours: 9am – 6pm Sydney time (Mon-Fri)
Must be willing to work on Malaysia Public Holidays
APPLY AT :- MyJobStreet – Online Job Application