Product Development Officer – NEW ZEALAND
- Career development opportunities with proven individual
- Leading nutraceuticals & food manufacturer
- Candidate with commitment and accountability
We are looking to hire several Product Development Officers. We are a nutraceutical manufacturing company with two manufacturing facilities at Highbrook and Mt Wellington, Auckland. This position is based at one branch, but candidates must be prepared to work at the other branch as well.
The role is to focus on formulating and generating product specifications and process instructions to ensure that they meet customer requirements. Additionally, the formulas and processes must be designed for optimal efficiency while complying with GMP, RMP, and all other regulatory accreditation requirements that the company may have in operation from time to time. The role requires immediate responsiveness to operational issues and problem-solving when formulation problems arise. Periodical review of finished product quality trends is necessary for further improvement. The role is also responsible for training and guiding other departments to achieve the company’s objectives.
This role will be a permanent, full-time position. Paid fortnightly, 4 weeks annual leave, Statutory holidays, Sick and bereavement leave. Opportunities to upskill.
Candidates need to be able to start immediately and work lawfully in New Zealand.
Successful Candidates are expected to:
· Formulate the products to meet customer and market requirements.
· The formula and processes developed should be able to be successfully processed by in-house capabilities.
· The formula needs to have the best cost effectiveness for company processing.
· The process of formulation must be recorded accurately and in a timely manner on NPPD forms.
· Conduct and monitor pilot batch assessments.
· Documentation must be saved according to GMP, RMP rules, and all other regulatory accreditation requirements that the company may have from time to time.
· Product instruction generation should meet actual production flow and GMP requirements.
· Write, maintain, review technical documentation systems, including Standard Operating Procedures, Raw Material Specifications, Product Formulations, Product Specifications, Production Instructions, and associated quality records.
· Prepare validation protocols for equipment, machinery, and product stability by planning, conducting experiments, and overseeing the process to collect validation data, samples, and make improvements to current processes to ensure manufacturing process controls are correctly implemented.
· Initiate, participate, and provide continuing support and active communication with Health and Safety (H&S) to improve the H&S system of product development.
· Monthly review finished product quality trends to ensure products have consistently good quality and any other weekly reports, requirements when required by the company.
· Thoroughly investigate customer complaints and out-of-specification events in a timely manner to ensure no impact on products ETD and market reputation.
· Make a risk assessment of any activities as required to ensure a high standard of compliance and quality. Proactively drive robust root cause analysis and effective implementation of corrective and preventative actions and effective monitoring.
· Continuously improve processes and procedures to increase efficiency and ensure compliance.
· Adhere to company policies, regulations, and standards.
To be considered for this position:
- Tertiary qualification in Food Science, Nutrition, Biotechnology, Chemistry or Pharmacology
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in personal care, nutraceutical, and food manufacturing.
- Minimum of 1 year related experience in low acid food processes is an advantage.
- Demonstrable industry experience in product development and knowledge of upscale for commercialisation
- Confident working on large scale projects where work and time pressure can be intense
- High attention to details, perform tasks in a methodical and thorough manner within scheduled timeframe and strong drive for improvement.
- Possess excellent teamwork abilities, and organizational skills.
- Hands on approach with a flexible attitude
Candidates must have no history of substance abuse and must have a clean criminal record.
If you are interested in applying this job, please send your CV and cover letter to us
APPLY AT :- https://myjobstreet.jobstreet.com.my/application/online-apply.php?AdvertisementSource=1&advertisement_id=5376752&fr=49&jobId=5379098&job_id=5379098&s=10&searchPath=%2Fjobs&token=0~cacd2abe-d08d-4f7a-947e-6b13e183def6&trackData=%7B%22ApplySource%22%3A7%7D