Supply Chain Officer (Indirect)
- Responsible for sourcing, selecting and negotiating with supplier/service provider to constantly strive for best purchase price while maintaining the highest level of quality, reliability and service to the best interest of company.
- Purchase production requirements including: office stationery; consumables and machines to support the efficient production process and ad hoc company purchases on maintenance and services.
- Monitor and update RFQ received status. Understand RFQ process including the numbers of bids send out, the number of bids received, the evaluation criteria and the final decision.
- To review purchase requisitions and determine proper purchasing methods in compliance with the Standard Operating Procedures (Indirect Purchasing) policies and procedures are observed and adhered to at all time.
- Create and verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested, clarifying unclear items and match item code and cost center to purchase requests.
- Manage vendors’ database by managing vendor creation application process. Justify the need to engage with the new supplier/vendors.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications, price, payment terms, delivery schedule and obtaining management approval on purchase. To create and submit payment request documents on advance payment and payment upon confirmation purchase.
- Keep track on PO sent and Supplier/Vendor confirmation, acknowledgement on order given.
- Monitor and expedite outstanding orders and update the delivery date to end user/requestor. Deal with non-supplied, under orders, over orders and damaged goods while create and maintain good relationships with service providers and vendors.
- Ensures Requestor and Requestor’s HOD to acknowledge goods/services received. All invoices are then matched with the purchase order and delivery order before submitting them to data entry for input into InfoLN System. To forward all invoices to Finance Department for payment processing.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken of main languages and ability to negotiate with all levels of people.
- Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of the superior and the Supply Chain Manager
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma in Business Studies/Administration/Management, Commerce or equivalent.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position. Preferably Junior Officer specializing in Purchasing/Inventory/Material & Warehouse Management or equivalent.
- Experience in purchasing electronics/electrical/mechanical parts and services will be added advantage.
- Working knowledge of ERP system such as BaaN/SAP/inforLN preferred. Excellent communication and strong analytical skill.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply as well.