SILICONE INJECTION MOLDING PROCESS ENGINEER
Provide silicone material LSR/HCR molding and extrusion engineering support for new product introductions, and support existing manufacturing processes
- Design and develop molding, extrusion, and assembly processes using existing and newly developed technologies, as the LSR (Liquid Silicone Rubber) and HCR SME.
- Maintain a vigilance to identify new potential technologies for the company through research and technical literature review.
- Conceptualize and develop lean manufacturing processes for new and existing business opportunities, including use of new or modified plant equipment and processing methods.
- Develop and manage validation protocols, reports and provide objective evidence that equipment, processes, test methods, and product meet requirements and are compliant with applicable industry and company regulations.
- Generate and maintain documentation for all internal manufacturing processes, inspection criteria, Bills of Materials, engineering drawings, and manufacturing and quality records.
- Identify, initiate, and lead projects to improve productivity, yields, and quality through root cause investigation, problem-solving, and data-driven six sigma principals.
- Maintain accurate records of assigned project activities per established Quality System and project timelines using established Project Management tools.
- Communicate closely with QA, SQE and product development teams on project matters, material issues, tooling and fixture design, process capability studies, and product quality issues for existing processes, products, and multi-site technology projects.
- Attend daily production meetings to provide communication and technical support.
- Provide Engineering support for manufacturing Kaizen events.
- Contribute to capital expenditure planning relating to future production requirements. Assist / lead in the implementation of new equipment resulting from capital investments.
- Participate in internal audits and help maintain Quality System such as ISO 14001, ISO 13485, IATF 16949 and ISO 9001.
- Maintain adherence to company policies, safety/ergonomic standards, and good housekeeping.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, preferably silicone, plastics or mechanical engineering, or manufacturing engineering with minimum 3 years experience working as a process or tooling engineer.
- Technical experience in silicone rubber & (LSR) or plastic processing.
- Experience with Scientific Injection Molding Principles
- Familiarity with statistical problem solving and six sigma techniques.
- Experience with validation protocols and reports, DOE, FMEA risk assessments, technical report authoring, strong statistical data analysis including derived conclusions, and recommendation reports.
- Silicone injection molding process troubleshooting & optimization.
- Attention to detail, ability to absorb new information quickly.
- Ability to work with little supervision; to work in teams or independently.
- CAD/SolidWorks proficient.