Human Resources & Admin Executive
Recruitment, Hiring, and On-boarding
- Advertise for all staff positions and make shortlists for hire base on the requirement.
- Assist Finance, HR & Operation Manager on analysing pay structure for new overseas hires including estimates on the provident fund, taxes, net salary, etc.
- Prepare the orientation packages, movement assistance, and other pertinent relocation information to Teacher & Support Staff during recruitment, and the repatriation, and the termination of contracts.
- Prepare the documentation of new hire transition to ensure a smooth onboarding process.
- Serve as a point of contact by providing all the necessary information to new hires.
- Collaborate with Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, and Head of Department in organizing and coordinating orientation program.
- Assist on HR Orientation sessions with all new hires during the orientation program primarily to provide in-depth information relating to tax laws, EPF, salary and benefits, and general expectations in matters relating to the contract of hire.
- Provide assistance in updating the Finance, HR & Operation Manager recruiting materials as and when required.
- Continually source, recruit, update, and maintain a database on a pool of substitute teachers for all divisions.
- Assist in the preparation of mid-term and new contracts on an annual basis.
- Maintain up-to-date job descriptions for all positions within CHM
- Assist in prepare appointment letters to be accompanied by the Personnel Manual for all staff positions.
- Maintain up-to-date staff databases for completion of surveys and/or for official school reports.
- Administer all related matters pertaining to background checks for all staff and outsourced personnel through international and domestic background Agencies.
- Ensure that all ex-pat employees and eligible dependents are on a valid pass throughout their employment with CHM and in Malaysia.
Compensation & Benefits
- Assist in develop a long-term strategy for compensation.
- Assists prepare budget projections for recruitment, repatriation, and home leave.
- Liaise with Finance, HR & Operation Manager and monitor the calculation of income tax deductions, tax allowances, and the verification of residency requirements.
- Assist Enroll and de-enroll all employees for all insurance coverage.
Regulations & Procedures
- Assist in the staffing strategy to support CHM Strategic Plan.
- Assist review and revise Personnel Handbook for Staff for smooth implementation of policies and guidelines.
- Assist in update Employment Packages at the beginning of each school year.
- Monitor e-leave applications for all employees.
Training, Growth, and Performance Management
- Assists manage staff training plans and budgets effectively for the benefit of professional development for all staff.
- Ensure that all staff training is updated and recorded in the HRMS system for review by department heads during the year-end evaluation exercise.
- Collect year-end faculty evaluation reports from the respective head of department for filing purposes and maintain the database on levels of supervision.
- Provide advice, guidance, and support in areas of discipline, job enhancement, promotion, job transfers, and job reassignments.
- Assist in the documentation for the investigations and institute discipline hearings for cases of dismissals or termination, when necessary.
- Assist in the organization of annual social events, where applicable.
- Contribute to the development of a positive working environment for all employees.
- Promote a culture of respect and community through the celebration of staff accomplishments.
General Human Resources Administration
- Administer and oversee the functionality of HR Department.
- Assist Finance, HR & Operation Manager in off Government Relations and Government Relations Officer on matters relating to teaching permits, employment passes, dependent passes and student passes. Adhere to all government relations matters concerning the hire of ex-pat employees.
- Educated to degree level
- Qualification in Human Resource Management or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 year’s work experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Experience within an International School environment would be an advantage.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia is essential.
- Fluency in Mandarin would be a bonus.
- A positive, flexible, ‘can do’ attitude to professional duties.
- A willingness to work a flexible schedule as circumstances dictate.
- A genuine love for working in an education environment.
- Excellent standards of personal presentation.
- An appreciation of the importance of regular attendance and punctuality.
- Enjoyment of working in a positive, collaborative team environment with the values of honesty, integrity, and mutual support at the core.
- Enthusiasm for engaging with diverse cultures tempered only with high levels of patience and adaptability
- Strong multi-tasker with attention to detail, eager to learn, and willing to take responsibility
- A growth mindset